The TEMPORARY and HARMLESS side effects:
- Do not touch the wound and do not remove the dressing as long as lymph (bleeding from the leech bite) is oozing (8-12 hours);
- Do not shower for the next 24 hours, and do not take a bath for 72 hours after the hirudotherapy session;
- Try not to scratch the wound when it's itching or if any swelling (temporary) and reddening of skin around the leech bite occur (allergy-like reaction): when you do not scratch, swelling will go away on its own after 24 hours;
- You might notice a temporary enlargement of lymph nodes, slight fever or chills - it is a part of detoxification process and will go away on its own;
- If the bloodletting/oozing stops, mix cold water with fresh lemon juice (squeeze 1/2 of lemon into 3 cups of water), dip a wash-cloth in it and apply on a wounded area, only if necessary; you can use Aloe Vera Gel;
- Do not use alcohol swabs, use Hydrogen Peroxide instead to clean the area around the wound ;
- You can take Claritin or Benadryl (best in a liquid form) in case the itching becomes too annoying or allergy-like reaction;
- You should avoid drinking alcohol after the treatment;
- Drink lots of liquid: water, cranberry juice, blackcurrant juice, pomegranate juice, tomato juice, coconut juice or coconut water, etc.;
- You might feel tired and sleepy or energetic and vigorous! All of the above are common and normal reactions.
Please EAT WELL and HEALTHY!
The list of the activities that should be eliminated and CANNOT BE PERFORMED ON A DAY OF HIRUDO THERAPY SESSION AND FOR THE NEXT 72 hours AFTER EACH HIRUDOTHERAPY SESSION:
- Physical therapy
- Massages (any), specially no deep-tissue massage and/or Iymphatic drainage massage
- other Bio-therapies
- Intensive swimming
After 3 days you can resume your normal physical activities, otherwise, as per your hirudotherapist specific instructions.
Please remember: Hirudotherapy is a natural treatment with hirudosubstances from leeches SG-Salivary Glands. It is not a "Quick-Fix" method. It is a HEALING PROCESS that continues for days and weeks after the treatment. Be patient and always contact your hirudotherapist if any questions occurred after the hirudotherapy session.
THERE IS NO NEGATIVE SIDE-EFFECTS INVOLVED DURING and AFTER THE HIRUDO THERAPY PROCESS!
TAKE IT EASY AND RELAX!
NOW, YOUR BODY IS ENTERING INTO THE PROCESS OF THE TOTAL DETOXIFICATION & BLOOD PURIFICATION.
YOU ARE ON A WAY TO A STATE OF HOMEOSTASIS!